Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New York City

A city you step out into the streets and feel surrounded by people. Well, because you are, but I feel this impulse to run around and hug everyone. People exist. They aren't just mad drivers in LA traffic, they're human and all so so different.

Bars close at 4am, some adjusting there, but makes the weekends seem much longer. Well, I guess they are - adds a good chunk of time to your awake-ness.

It's been raining. It is wonderful. Just like the people - it exists. Weather and change and mother nature exists. I love sun and blue skies, I do, but I also love rain, snow and wind. So what? I want it all.

Maybe I'll get annoyed by it, but for now I welcome the humid mist blurring my glasses and puddles making my feet soggy.

Karen's loft has always been a haven for visiting circus performers and friends. And it doesn't stop now. I'm in the upstairs guest attic room, but people still come and go down below, including Karen. If only the walls could talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment