Tuesday, August 27, 2013

THE Hamptons - LA - Mammoth - Bahamas - LA

Fourth of July weekend in THEEEE HAAAmptons, Darling. Avoided most of humanity in the pool. Plus fire on the beach - dug and created by me - after stumbling upon such glowing beach fires after July 4th fireworks.

I feel like I missed some locations. But it might just be that I gave up my apartment to NYC apartment hell and two weeks before departure moved some of my belongings into a storage unit and gave up the rest. Backpack, purse, and camera, and I'm off to LA, I learned my pack light lesson years ago and am thankful I remembered it - it may have taken a few heavy loads.

LA - wonderful friends, unique job, and sun. I find myself putting in "____'s couch" into my calendar. I'm coordinating my "home".

Quick 1 night Mammoth trip for a Peru Volunteer House meeting

BAHAMAS - Josh & Annah wed-cation. (wedding #3) So much love for these two. The whole thing made me feel so adult. A VACATION, what is that word you ask? It's where you feel like your brain and body is in slow motion. Where the sun beats down and you drink straight from a machet-ed off coconut at 9am on a Monday for breakfast and follow breakfast 10min later by adding rum to the next coconut. I let my brain stop.

 I also checked a fear of flying step off my list. Propellers. Done. Survived.


No comments:

Post a Comment